Movie Theater General Manager Job in Victoria, BC at Capitol 6 Theatres –
The key responsibilities of a General Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, manage and train a dedicated team of employees.
- Manage the guest experience – ensure each and every guest who visits your facility is satisfied and is excited about their next visit.
- Ensuring that associates satisfy all of our guest service standards
- Manage your theatre budget, inventory, and oversee all aspects of theater operations. Forecast and initiate action/projects to drive the business forward and strengthen the exhibition company.
- Working effectively with supervisors, peers, subordinates, guests, vendors, and corporate partners.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- What do you need to become a successful member of this Team?
- Demonstrate strong communication (oral & written), organization, and leadership skills required to lead a theatre.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong computer aptitude.
- Safe food handling certification required. Ability to obtain any required alcohol service licenses or certifications.
- First Aid certifications required.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- A flexible schedule that requires evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities, while continuing to meet financial targets and reporting responsibilities.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions requires certain physical standards to include lifting, reaching, bending, kneeling, ascending and descending stairs.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a General Manager in a movie theater, restaurant or service industry with proven experience in staff supervision and field operations.
- *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Note: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities with our company and is not a legally binding contract. We reserve the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have a minimum of 2 years experience as the General Manager of a restaurant or movie theater?
About the Company
Company: Capitol 6 Theatres –
Company Location: Victoria, BC